Sometimes when you start a new job in the fashion industry, it can take some time for you to figure out if things are working out well for you!
If you’re lucky, you’ll be able to tell right away that your new fashion job is a keeper. However, it can take anywhere from a few weeks to a couple of months for many people to become comfortable and confident about the new job that they recently started, which is normal. If that situation sounds familiar to you, don’t stress out just yet. If after a couple of months, you still aren’t feeling totally comfortable at your new job, you may want to sit with your manager to see if any changes can be made to help you adjust quicker.
Here are a few good indicators that will let you know that things you’ve made a smooth adjustment at your new fashion job and that your career is starting to shine!
1. Your boss asks you to attend a business lunch or dinner with VIP clients.
2. You now have your arms wrapped around all of the responsibilities that your new fashion job entails.
3. You start getting e-mails or phone calls once in a while from your manager, clients or co-workers just so they can thank you for doing great work.
4. You feel like you fit in with the company culture. You don’t feel like you have to try too hard to fit in.
5. You admire the people that you work with and those that you work for.